RE: houston weekend!!!

From: Gene Rivers (rt007@dakotart.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 20:49:31 EDT

Yes indeed we did all have a fine time. Thanks to all that attended the
event. We will do it all over again next year, in October. So make you plans
early!
The track conditions were great, but it was humid. More humid than the norm.
This attributed to the great trouble we all had at getting our dial in times
to work. I ran 5 consecutive 15.4 times in time trials, and in the first
round broke out on a 15.2.My luck carried me through though, as my
competitor also broke out. And my better reaction time (.519) gave me the
win. I went to the 1/4 finals on Sat, losing after I slipped the shifter
into N at the 330 mark DOH! Still managed a 15.8, but still a loser.
Sunday was better for me. Dan Dean wanted to race me in the first round, so
I agreed and spanked him good. I dialed a 15.3, let off the gas about a
truck length before the trap and took the win light. Next round I went out
and lined up with a R/T Dakota that had earlier almost spanked a Viper in
the 1/4. Lady luck was with me and moments after I launched, I heard the R/T
go POP! Seems his bottle pressure was low and his fuel was rich. Oh well, a
win is a win!
The next round was won when the competition broke out. The 1/4 final round
was won when I won the coin toss on a bye run.
The final round was over and I lost when I ran a 15.28 on a 15.31 dial.
$25 on Sat and $100 for Sunday...I am happy!

The DML & Dakota R/T Club won the club participation award (2nd year in a
row)

Renee and I really enjoyed all the people we met and are looking forward to
seeing you and even more Dakotas in Oct 2001.
Thank you all!

Gene Rivers
Dakota R/T Club
Executive Board, Div 4