Re: RE: Re: Re:New engine is now in the Dak, pictures. (kind of long)

From: Eric Kurtz (erickurtz@ameritech.net)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 22:51:28 EDT

Steve,
   The Sidewinder is hardly a Dakota modified. It has Dakota parts, but it
wasn't done as simple as pulling the body off of the frame and dropping the
Sidewinder on! That V10 fits in that one because it was a one off! Metal
Crafters can do wonderful things! Yes, V10's and hemi's do fit in Dak's,
I've seen it done. But try to move the firewall back 30 some odd
millimeters to get it to fit. Things like putting a V10 or a Hemi in a Dak
isnt a weekend job, unless you have a crew working on it for you in the
perfect environment!
Eric