Re: Truck goes in for brakes on Wed

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 21:29:38 EDT

--- Andy Levy <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I got about the same, 2 weeks for me to get in there. I find this
> appalling. Potentially failing brakes is a serious safety issue
> and should be remedied IMMEDIATELY IMO.

Wanna hear stupidity?

We just had our '98 in to the dealership on Saturday. Norah asked
them when we were going to be notified of the brake line recall and
they said "what recall?"

"Well, there was a recall issued by NHTSA."

"Oh, that only applies in the U.S."

"This truck was built in the U.S. Says so right here on the door."

"We can't legally do anything until Transport Canada issues the
recall."

In other words, Chrysler Canada definitely knows that there's a
problem, but they're dragging their feet issuing a voluntary recall
until the Canadian govt. forces them to do it.

=====
Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.