Re: Price to install gears?

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 23:28:33 EDT

    Back when I was thinking about the new gears, someone told me that
 $400 for the gears alone was about average. I probably would've payed
close to that if it wasn't for the posi going in at the same time.
    Something you want to consider when it's time for installation is
replacement of the ring gear bolts and pinion bearing. The installer should
not reuse the ones you have. Also ask about a warranty. 60 - 90 days
should be about the norm. I was lucky and got one year. Hope this helps.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Intense Blue Dakota Sport
www.intense99dak.com