Re: Lowering Gen 3 Dak

From: H62300@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 20:37:28 EDT

    I had installed a new Hotchkiss suspension spring a year and a half ago.
Just lately the front end starting to squeak. My alignment guy found that
the lower control arm bushings were at fault. We loosened the bolts holding
the bushings inplace and the bushings popped. I imagine that anyone lowering
a truck will have premature failure of the lower bushings if you don, t
loosen the lower control arm bushings bolts. The bushings are tightened at
the factory ride height. When you lower the truck without slacking off the
lower bolts the bushings are stuck at the factory height. In effect you are
stressing the bushings and they will fail.

        Walter P