Re: Re: Horrible Clunking Noise on 93 2wd PLEASE HELP!

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 22:09:06 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/00 10:40:09 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
nonlabel@earthlink.net writes:

> Greg, I assume you've already checked the U joints? sometimes it can be hard
> to detect play just visually.

The ujoints are WAY good, theres no play at all when shakin the driveshaft...
 Very good there. I replaced the tranny mount, I tightened the Upper Control
arm bolts (all of them) and the noise persists. I tried ym friend Motor
Mount test (set ebrake, hold brake to floor with truck in drive, give it ehll
and see how much engien moves. Less than one inch, he says thats all good, I
have no reason to doubt him. So now what? I am thinking I'll get lowering
springs for the front, slap em in, adn then get it alligned, and tell them to
make sure of tightnesses....

Greg