Re: Horrible Clunking Noise on 93 2wd PLEASE HELP!

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 16:27:00 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/00 10:20:52 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
1991dak@team.camaroZ28.com writes:

> Greg,
> I was hearing a clunking sound starting about two months ago on my 91'
and
> I was try ing to wait until I could afford to have some work done. Well it
> started to doing some scary a$$ $h!t. Going down the road it would do a
clunk
> and make the steering would shift to the right, left, and back straight
again.
> It got to the point that I was scared that I would eventually lose control
> and end up wrecking my baby. At that point I took it into Hibdons (Tire &
> Alignment Shop) to have it checked out, come to find out that a Bolt on the
> upper control arm had come loose. Anyhow I got out of there without
spending
> a cent. I hope this helps.
>
> Will W.
> 91' CC 4x4 318ci

I am allready under my truck checking that (that does sound scarry) I also
think somehting in my differential might be flucked up. I know it's going
bad, BUT HEY

It gets better, not theres no noise, unless I brake (slow rapidly peiod like
just lifting off gas) then it sounds like theres somthing rubbin on a tire
(aka speeds up and slows down with vehicle) But I have checked freakign
EVERYTHING I DON"T GET IT!!!!!!!!! DAMNIT

Greg