Re: Dodge but off topic(Neon)

From: IXLR8RT@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 23:46:18 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/2000 3:51:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
buggin67@hotmail.com writes:

> My other half has a 97 neon, and I was wondering if anyone has done
> mods to one. I.e.. plugs,cap,rotor,cool air intake. I want to do a tune up
> on it and was looking to get some cooler plugs, t-stat exe.
> Hop..

Hop,

My last car was a 98' Neon R/T. I also was, and still am a founding member of
a Neon club. If your Neon is a SOHC model, the best bang for the buck goes
like this:

Stock DOHC muffler (twin outlets) flows as good as any of the after-market
ones.
Iceman cold air intake system (good for 8-11hp at the wheels)
If it's a 5spd model, do yourself a favor...fill the front motor mount with
urethane windshield sealant and let it cure (lets you speed shift and launch
harder)
Use standard Champion spark plugs and change them out every 10,000 miles.
If it's a 5 spd...install the MP computer.
I could go into great detail, but this is the DAK listing.
Feel free to e-mail me.

Later,
Jeff C.

"There's no such thing as too much cam, just not enough motor."
--David Freiburger

Jeff Capuzzi
00' Dakota Sport RC 2wd, IB with 4.7 V8, 5 speed, and 3.55 gears.
Decal free, 255/60-15 Firestone's, loud pipes, homemade cold air intake
system, and more on the way...