Re: Recall and TSBs in Canada (was: Truck goes in for brakes on Wed)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 12:54:28 EDT

At 08:56 AM 9/27/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks Bob. I'll assume you meant to type 1995 :-).

Yup. Funny thing is that, a few hours I sent it, a thought
just popped up in my mind that I had typed in 1955 ...
a very good year if memory serves me correctly.

>The strange thing is that I didn't get my Dak until '96, then moved
>it to Toronto in '97.

Your truck may have come off the production line in mid/late '95. See if
the sticker on the doorjam has the production date ... it's on mine,
Oct. '96 (also on a metal plate in the '70 Challenger's door ... Dec.'69,
LA plant).

>I've had it in to Scarborotown several times, and I've had them do
>one performance inspection before the one last weekend. Do you suppose
>it's taken them this long to decide to recommend a TSB issued in '95?

Hard to say. I've learned over the years not to expect the mechanics
at dealers to be up to date on what's going on nor to take the
initiative. I know that the '97 computer has had a few updates over
the past few years but did not become aware of them until the beginning
of this year. It may well be that the symptom was pronounced enough
the last time for them to notice and to take the time to see if there
was a TSB on it. At any rate, if you decide to have the update flash,
I hope that it solves your problem.

Bob