Re: RE: What the deal with everyone ditching their Dakotas?

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 16:20:01 EDT

2 main reasons: 1. gas mileage. Got a new job, driving 1000 miles or
more per week, got sick of paying $47 every two days for gas. New car is
averaging 28mpg in mixed driving (truck was getting a hair over 14), so
even with premium it's down to around $60/week. Also, it's a lot more
comfortable for long hauls.

2. Got sick of dealing with my dodge dealer. They won't diagnose or fix
anything unless there's NO WAY you can ignore it. ie front wheels won't
turn at all, they'll replace the ps pump. if it looses boost or grinds
when you turn, there's nothing wrong. 80% of what has gotten fixed on my
truck has been done by ME because they wouldn't do it under warranty.

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
F&B Stage I TB, Keystone/Proglass Ram Air Hood, 14x3" K&N, Sir Michael's
Roll Pan, Custom monochrome paint

If ignorance is bliss, liberals must be the happiest people on earth