Re: Re: Need off-road LOCKER recommendation

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 23:55:36 EDT

Dave, have you ever been to Tellico?? I took my dak up there the 1st month
or so I had it.. AWESOME!!! I know a guy in Benson(?) that does rearends
for all the F-body guys around here. Very knowledgeable and honest fella.
I'll get his # for you... BTW, have you thought about 4.10s?? As far as
the locker, since the rings are coming out, I'd say get a Detroit or an ARB.
What part of Nov? I've got family up in that neck of the woods, may have to
plan a trip up to see your beast at work!
_______________________
   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net

> >OK, I've committed to rock-crawling in Tellico, NC in November (off-road
> >MECCA! near Tenn. border) which means I need to do a gear swap (3.55 to
> 3.90)
> >and put in a rear locker first....any suggestions on a good mechanical
> locker
> >for a 8.25 rear end? where to buy?
> >
> >and if anyone in NC knows a good shop to do ring and pinion swaps, I'm
> >listening!
> >Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
> >'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG
MT's