Re: RE: What the deal with everyone ditching their Dakotas?

From: Ryan Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 12:22:58 EDT

Trust me, I know about GTPs. :) I am a residence on clubgp.com. Believ eit
or not, there is a GTP Vs. R/T rivalry going on. I don't know why, except
maybe that they run close tot he same times.... But I have done my homework.
The trannies can't take anymore than about 280-300hp. The interior of the
car feels as if it will fall apart in your hand, and often does. The SCer is
fairly weak (for an SC) from the factory. There have been several problems
with the SCs I've read about on clubgp, even stock. Then if you upgrade the
pulley to pull mid/high 14s, many problems come. The cars jsut don't seem to
respond well at all if run hard at all....

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T