RE: RE: What the deal with everyone ditching their Dakotas?

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 13:27:00 EDT

Sorry but I do like that WS6 Trans Am.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, USMC
760-725-2506 (DSN 365-2506)
Work:mailto:stlaurents@mctssa.usmc.mil
Home:mailto:saint1958@home.com

 -----Original Message-----
From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int [mailto:brian.duffey@intelsat.int]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 9:48 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: RE: DML: RE: What the deal with everyone ditching their
Dakotas?

 " Yup, this is common in those new GTPs too. :) "

Based upon what experience do you make this comment?

My 'other' vehicle is a GTP, and I can make two definite statements about it
1) In 2 years the only 'problem' I've had with it were a clogged A/C
condense drain tube, and a loose piece of door trim (and I think that was my
fault). Hardly enough to leave me by the side of the road!
2) My GTP will still smoke my modified 318 any day of the week

I've yet to meet a GTP owner that had complaints with their cars (I think
there are actually a few GTP owners on the DML).

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil - TransGo Shift kit
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
Mopar HiPo Comp - Thorley Headers - Gibson Catback Exhaust