Re: Ordered 4.10s and a Detroit Locker!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 15:37:06 EDT

> YAY! I decided to go 4.10s over 3.90s after all...screw gas prices!
Randy's
> Ring and Pinion was EXTREMELY friendly and very helpful...and lo and
behold
> you CAN get a Detroit locker for the Chrysler 8.25 rear! So I ordered the
> 4.10s, Detroit locker, and install kits, along with new axle bearings &
> seals. I also found a shop (after making a bunch of calls) that can do the
> install fairly reasonably...(Tom's Automotive in Fuquay-Varina for the
> NC'ers)....only problem is the guy said it might take him 2-3 days and
that's
> my only vehicle! Ack!

Dave,
Good to know Randy's R&P was able to help you out, and it seems like their
reputation is a good solid one. Man........4.10s and a Detroit in the rear,
man-o-man look out. That Detroit should give you some serious traction in
the rear. Good Luck and let us know how things turn out. You get get all
your lost power back from going upto the 33" tires.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6