Re: Fuel gauge

From: Shawn Villaire (s_villaire@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 06:29:57 EDT

I also have the 22 gal tank and the most that I ever put in was something
like 19.8 gallons. My gas light came on when I had an 1/8 of a tank left,
then I drove 70 miles more.....Still only took 19.8 gallons. One day I would
like to carry a 5 gallon gas can with me, and see how far I can "Really" go
when the gas light comes on.

--- ABeerCan@aol.com wrote:
> I just got thinking about this, on my 96 dakota with the optional 22
> gallon
> tank, I can set the guage down on empty, drive for two or three days
> (normal
> foot in the gas all out driving) stop and still only put 16 maybe 17
> gallons
> at the most in the tank. Is it possible that I have the wrong sending
> unit
> in my tank, or is this common. When I say down on empty, I mean down on
> that
> little peg below the E. My gas light never comes on or anything. I have
> put
> up to 18.5 gallons in it, but I had been driving it for about a week
> before I
> did that. I got nervous. Thanks for any ideas.
>
> Will
> 96 Cylindrically Challenged V-6
> (Wondering more and more about Gremlins living under my hood)

=====
Shawn

00 CC 4X4 Sport, 4.7l,flowmaster cat-back, k&n homebrew open air filter,180 t-stat,autolite 3923's,Jet Stage II, more to come.... www.2000blackdak.homestead.com