Fuel gauge

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 22:01:13 EDT

I just got thinking about this, on my 96 dakota with the optional 22 gallon
tank, I can set the guage down on empty, drive for two or three days (normal
foot in the gas all out driving) stop and still only put 16 maybe 17 gallons
at the most in the tank. Is it possible that I have the wrong sending unit
in my tank, or is this common. When I say down on empty, I mean down on that
little peg below the E. My gas light never comes on or anything. I have put
up to 18.5 gallons in it, but I had been driving it for about a week before I
did that. I got nervous. Thanks for any ideas.

Will
96 Cylindrically Challenged V-6
(Wondering more and more about Gremlins living under my hood)