Lebanon Valley Dragway yesterday.

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 12:15:16 EDT

I was at the strip yesterday with a group of friends for rental day. We
rented the track for the day, $120 per person and ran all day, No Waiting.
Got over 30 runs in with the Barracuda. Still trying to over come many of
the problems I'm having with the car. Best run 13.5 @ 103 early in the day.
Lost the second gear syncro shortly after that and went down hill from
there. Still was able to run mid 14's to low 15's, between 95 & 100 mph
with no second gear so I was happy with the day over all. The pinion snubber
and slicks helped out immensely. No wheel spin at all.
Decided, I need to change the gear set in the tranny because I think the
tranny came out of a six cylinder car and is geared tall in the lower gears.
I have 4:10's in the rear and couldn't get the car out of the hole. I would
leave the line between 2000-2500 RPM and the car would bog then take off.
Didn't seem to be fuel releated. Plugs burning clean. Best 60' was 2.3.
The car just doesn't pull hard in first. The occasional times I could hit
second, it would drop me into the seat through each of the remaining gears.
The car definitely has the power on the high end. We tried changing the
timing, jet size, adjusting the floats, etc. But with second gear screwing
up, it was hard to get a base line to see if anything was working. Did get
some ideas of what needs to be added to my wish list, new gear set, a line
lock, new shifter, maybe a different cam (mine seems too lumpy for the setup
I have).

I wish I could come up on Saturday with you guys, but I am going to a
friend's wedding. No matter how much I pleaded with Joe and Gina, She
wouldn't change the date. I had to give it a try at least. If any of you
run your Daks, just note that if you do any photos of video, the clock tower
for the left lane doesn't work. Have fun and hope to see all of you at
Foxwoods '01. That would include you too "Bob"!

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4, 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4 and a 67 Barracuda
Coupe 340/4Speed
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.MoparsinMotion.COM