Re: Lebanon Valley Dragway yesterday.

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 10:30:20 EDT

I let my buddy take several passes with the car and and videotaped them. I
had marked the slicks with shoe polish and as far as I can tell by both
driving and watching the video, they're biting real hard. Witk 15psi, the
sidewalls were flexing some, but not too much. The problem is first gear.
I did some reading up on Chrysler tranny's last night. The gear boxes
bolted up to a 225 slant had a taller first and second gears than the V8
models. It looks like the 225 had more torque than some of the small blocks.
That's what the problem seems like, I come off the clutch at 2000RPM and
there is too much torque on the motor to maintain the RPMs. Once the motor
recovers from the initial hit, it goes like Hell. I look at the time slips
and I can see the problem is at the line. I'll do a 13.693 @ 102.02 mph,
the lane next to me does a 12.90 @ 102.92. My Mph are in the range of the
high 12 sec cars, difference was he had a 1.8 60' and I had a 2.4. I also
had a better reaction time than him, though that doesn't count towards the
E/Ts. I'm going to order a new gear set for the tranny and see how that
improves my times. I have to replace the syncros anyhow, might as well do
the whole gearbox.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4, 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4 and a 67 Barracuda
Coupe 340/4Speed
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.MoparsinMotion.COM