Re: RE: Some are leaving and some are new

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 12:24:07 EDT

Hell Yes,
    Just hope he's got deep pockets.
I was telling Matt I did this on my truck>>
    I have wondered just what else the DC program flashes, beside just the
mileage and VIN. The Dealers never seem to know what the DC flashes really
have in them.
     SO, I made a tag in Bold Red Letters to put on my PCM that says:>>
WARNING
DO NOT FLASH COMPUTER
WITHOUT OWNERS CONSENT
CONTACT OWNER FIRST.
    That way if I have to take it in for something else, the dealer better
not flash it without me knowing ahead of time and if he can't explain what
it's for and what it does then he's not going to do it.
    The service manager asked me what the label was? I told him it's exactly
what it says. I bought the truck as is and nothing is going to change without
my knowing ahead of time. Now, how do you like that. He said I'll put it the
computer so every tech that ever works on your truck in the future will have
this note on his ticket. I watched him put it in and it appears as a warning
note on the printout. KOOL
        Bill

SEMIHEMI01 (Bill C.) 2001 QC, 4.7L, 5spd. 3.55 LSD, K-N Cool-Air, SilBlades,
10w-30 MOBIL 1, 180 T'STAT
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/">"THE DAK"</A>