RE: Some are leaving and some are new

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 02:47:09 EDT

Welcome Philip,

Always great to have a new member. There is another member from Hawaii.
Don't remember if he's from your island of Oahu but he's around there
somewhere.

Modifications are dependent upon the amount of money you have to invest. I
will let you know what I did and you can judge for yourself. Other R/Ter's
on this list may give you better insight than I can because mind is not an
R/T though it may have gone beyond already, however, R/Ter's will never
accept my QC as an R/T. That's ok though, cuz' I got more room than they
have....

1) Intake: I have AirAid but it definitely is not the best...probably
changing to QuickD soon http://www.quickd.com

2) Exhaust: Borla Catback-definitely loud, around $375 but warranted for
life made of T304 steel

3) Headers: Positive Performance (same as Mopar) marketed by Mike Leach $430
coating would cost an additional $225 Lowers the resonant sound of the Borla
exhaust

4) MP HP PCM: replaces stock PCM forces you to use premium unleaded 92+
octane fuel adds ~25 hp advances timing different fuel tables, eliminates
speed limiter, not recommended for towing, ~$300

5) MSD6 Ignition and Blaster SS Coil and 8.5 mm Spark Plug Wires: ~$300,
definitely an HP booster, someone on the list has dyno sheets before and
after, get the universal harness (makes wiring and backout easier)

6) Autolite 3923 plugs, BW Cap and Rotor: ~$20, makes your engine run
better, if you do step 5, you should do this step....what the heck, do this
step anyway

7) Synthetic motor oil: Most on the list use Mobil 1, I use Castro
Syntec....I get mine at Costco ~$20 for six qts.

8) Throttle Body: QuickD ~$250, see step 1.

9) Lowering: Definitely Hotchkis ~$1200, includes coil springs front, leaf
springs rear, Bilstein shocks, and new sway bars front and rear

10) Roller rockers: Crower 1.7 ratio + pushrods, ~$535

Well, that should get you started. Good luck.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile