Torque Converter question

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 12:55:21 EDT

Hi, all.

Is anyone currently running or has previously run
a 3000 stall, lockup torque converter on his/her Dak?

The 3000 stall was recommended by Pat Storey (owner of
SMR Transmissions in Ont. and owner/driver of a '97 hemi
Dak) after looking at my dyno figures. This was a compromised
recommendation for my mainly street/occasional strip Dak.
If it was a stricly strip app, he recommended a 4000 stall.

If anyone has personal experiences with a TQ with this stall,
could you let me know what it was like to drive it on the
street under light acceleration? under average acc.?
under hard acc.?

TIA.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95