Re: video of Alan Short's Burnout at the Houston meet

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 16:19:27 EDT

He was ready to, believe me. The crappy part about it was that they lined
Alan up so that his left tire was in a groove and didn't make contact
with the racing surface. Therefore, he only burned half of that tire.
With full contact on that tire he could have generated a total of 25%
more smoke.

While the Duster was running, there was no wind and so the smoke just
accumulated. When Alan got out there, there was a slight breeze which
tended to dissipate the smoke he generated. The winner had the stands
packed with a cheering section, too.

Still in all a valiant effort. A guy standing next to me said, "he can't
run that truck in a burnout contest! It's too pretty!!!"

Richard

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:58:42 -0700 "Barret, Matt"
<MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com> writes:
> BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAa!!!
>
> That is great Alan, if you didn't win first for that stunt, we'd
> have to
> kick someone's A$$!!
> hee hee heeee!!!
> Matt