RE: DML Members...i just sent this to CONSUMERS UNION!

From: David A (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 22:46:18 EDT

I am the proud owner of a new 2000 Dodge Dakota QuadCab,with the Magnum
V6.Yesterday,i noticed your current "Used Car & Truck" issue(Fall 2000).As i
looked over the info on the previous Dakotas,(1992-1999)i was shocked to see
you stated,"THE V6 WAS ANEMIC"

Im sorry,but you are wrong..way wrong!. I am one of many Dakota's with the
Magnum V6,and i'll tell you right here & now,the Dodge "Does Not Install
Wimpy,Anemic V6's" in their trucks,nor would i have bought mine if i
believed it!..

I want this put on file as a COMPLAINT.If i believed what you printed,i
should go out and trade my truck in for a V8.POPPYCOCK!

The Magnum V6(did you even test this engine,hmmm?)is built to last.It puts
out 175 horsepower @ 4,800 rpm and it is a torqey little beast at 225 lbs of
torque @ 3,200 rpm.

I am also informing you,that you will be hearing from over 850+ members of
the "Dakota Mailing List" (DML),of which i am proud to be a member of...You
may want to think about printing a retraction about your statement. (some
have already called your company)

And just so you know,every other magazine(including your
competion,"Consumers Digest")stated,"the V6 is a sensible compromise in
power & economy"...

Did you want to be different from all the others??
I guess so.

Have A Nice Day

Sincerly Yours,A Dedicated Dakota Owner