Re: 3.73s or 4.10s? I need advice

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 23:34:39 EDT

At 08:50 PM 9/29/00 EDT, you wrote:
>Well, my diff is dead I need a new ring and pinion (not to mention a few
>other parts) but anyways I am trying to decide on ratio, it's got 3.55s not,
>but 3.73 would be alot better on highway then 4.10s, that and I amnot sure
>I'd have the traction for 4.10s eighter My tires are about 28" tall so on
the
>highway it's be CRAZY RPMs witht he 4.10s but I think the 3.73 would be OK

The nearest that I've been able to figure is that a 3.92 ratio with 28"
tires will give an effective gear ratio of about 3.80:1. You need to know
the tire diameter of the smallest OE tire offered on your Dakota with the
3.55 ratio before you can figure out an effective gear ratio or use
a comparison table like the one on the DML site.

>What Ratio do R/Ts have???

3.92

Hope this helps.

Bob