RE: GenII Body Lift Kit Questions

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 00:58:22 EDT

Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Kyle Kozubal
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 10:52 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: GenII Body Lift Kit Questions

With a 2" or a 3" body lift kit, does any adjustments need to be made on the
transmission linkage(s) or does it require extending the tcase shift lever?
Does either the TrailMaster or the Performance Accessories body lift kit
come with front and rear bumper relocation brackets? Anyone have to do any
steering shaft fixing or extending with their kit? Just trying to figure out
which height of body lift will give me the best "bang-for-my buck". I have
heard the 3" body lift has more complications compared to the more mild 2"
lift. I would rather have a true bolt on kit, compared to having to do alot
of rigging and such. Just doing some research, thats all :)
The Performance Accessories 2" body lift is cheap, at a mere $68. The
TrailMaster 3" body lift kit is also inexpensive at $70. Any thoughts on
which kit is better?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6