Re: GenII Body Lift Kit Questions

From: Chris Lang (langerdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 14:40:49 EDT

Kyle, I had the 3" in my 93. I installed it myself and it was quite easy.
You do have to extend the auto transmission linkage the trailmaster kit came
with an extension to put in place, I had a shop weld it in for me for a few
bucks. The T-case lever does need to be extended as well but you just take
the ball off and screw the extension on. I did have a probelm with the
lever hitting the trim around the shifter. On hard acceleration the lever
would hit and bounce back and make a annoying sound. To fix it I moved the
trim piece up a few inches and the problem went away. The kit I had did not
have bumper relocation brakets. I measured 3" on the front bumper and
drilled some new holes, it didnt affect the bumper at all as evidenced in my
recent accident. There's really no much involved in the body lift, I did
mine in a few hours and I the time I had never done any kind of work on a
truck at all. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer them.
If you end up doing it let me know and I can give you a few tips to make the
install easier.

Chris
Was 93 Dakota 4x4 V8
waiting on a 01 Dakota 4x4 V8