Re: Secure fix....

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 10:38:57 EDT

At 04:43 AM 9/30/00 GMT, you wrote:
>Hi all, I'm one of the lurkers on here lookin for a solution. I have a '99
>5.2 5spd and a powerdyne sittin in the garage. We (my buddy and I) already
>have the head gasket replacement resolved but I am kinda curious as to a
>solid fix to the belly ban gasket blowin up on me. I have heard of the M1 as
>well as the MPI and also some install kits to go along with them. Anyhoo, I
>would like to take the precautionary measures now to prevent any problems
>with the belly pan gasket, what are my options and which method is preferred
>to take care of this? I do not want to modify the stock intake/manifold but
>would much rather replace it with something more solid and secure and what
>the hell, a couple extra hp wouldn't hurt =) Jimmy '99 5.2 5spd

I'd take the time and effort to go with the MPI (M1 single plane with
injector bungs and tb adaptor) ... it'll add about 20-25 hp. The installation
kit and install guide is from Jon Steiger (the DML omnipotent one) and
is a must, IMHO. Also, Rich W. recently reported passing the VA emission
test with the MPI, 24# injectors, 180 tstat, Hughes cam and more.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95