Re: V6/V8 Torsion Bars

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 11:22:27 EDT

In a message dated 9/30/2000 10:09:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
walt_felix@hotmail.com writes:

> V8 The bars are stamped on one end L or R
> and have the part #. I don't know how your finances are but they will only
> cost you about $125 per side, new at the dealer. I don't know what they
> would cost you at a junk yard, but remember that when you get a price. If
> they're anything over $50 each, I would buy new ones.
>
> BTW, you are correct, I have 2000 lbs V8 bars on my 88 V6.

Walt. Thanks for chiming in with some extra info for him. I'm just going
from memory. Forgot to add about the used bars.. make sure they haven't got
any little nicks in them.. Can lead to the bar snapping later. BTW How much
difference did the bigger bars make on your truck?
Kyle.. I agree w/ Walt on the pricing.. if that's all they'll run new. make
sure they get you a good price on used ones. or just get em new.

Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo
94 Dakota Sport (soon to join ranks)