V6/V8 Torsion Bars

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 21:32:06 EDT

Can anyone positively tell me if the GenII V8 Dakotas use different torsion
bars than the GenII V6 Dakotas? I assume they will be the same length and
should fit in both front and rear 'torsion bar sockets'. Basically, in the
Dodge part book/computer, will there be different part numbers for the V8
compared to the V6, or is it a one-size-fits-all torsion bar?
I think Walt is using V8 torsion bars on his V6 Dak, just not 100% sure. I
would also assume the V8 torsion bars would be more heavy duty compared to
the V6 torsion bars to accommodate for the added weight upfront with a V8,
right? If there are 2 different bars, is there any way to visually identify
these V8 bars?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6