Re: RE: Speaker advice...Please

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 23:20:09 EDT

In a message dated 09/30/2000 5:51:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kenneth.eng@datajump.com writes:

<< I recently replaced both the rear and front speakers on my 98 CC with
6-1/2"
 speakers from Crutchfield. The actual size of the opening in both the front
 and rear are for 6-3/4" speakers but Crutchfield will send you free of
 charge the adapter rings to install the 6-1/2" ones. I went with the Sony
 Xplod 3-ways for the rear at $70 a pair and Kenwood 2-ways for the front at
 $49 a pair. >>

i also just replaced the front speakers in my 2000 club cab sport. if you
can't or don't want to buy or make a custom ring to mount your 6 1/2"
speakers in the doors you can remove the stock speakers from their plastic
spacer and drill four holes through the plastic spacer and into the edge of
the sheet metal and screw the new speakers in. i went with Focal polyglass
165v's component set with the 6 1/2" midbass drivers in the doors crossovers
bolted behind the kick panels on either side and the 1 3/4" tweeters are
currently mounted with double sided tape as i am moving them around to
different positions on the doors and the dash to find the location that
sounds the best to me. so far i feel on top of the dash reflecting off the
windshield sounds the best. the component set was $600 canadian and they
sound amazing.
derek