Houston fun! (Long....)

From: Brian Lee (brian7910@home.com)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 03:03:27 EDT

I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring here. First of all that is me on
Bernd's vid. Just commenting on being so close to running 15s. There was
no bad blood between anyone that was there. Secondly, why can no one get
video of that "damn dually". He ran 12.9s again this year, only at 108,
which is about 4 mph better than last year, so I see this guy running
12.4-12.5 in good air. That's quick for 6000lbs..... Yes, the weather
sucked ass!! Geez it was horrible!

Oh ya, if anyone(not including Gene - since you help run it, you're a
ringer!) registers for the event higher next year than I did this
year(number 3!! - I'm the man=) ), I will buy you a case of whatever beer
you want! Bring it on.......

On another note, Mark P. - had a blast, your truck needs it's AC fixed
though, alright???????? Being in a truck for a total of 24 hrs of driving
time usually sucks ass. But this time was not. Had fun! No commenting on
my driving, though, mmmkay? =)

Mark - Had fun man! You definately drive your truck better than I do.
WTF? At least I was consistant! It was fun dumping the clutch at 3 grand
at the line. Very sweet! And I didn't break anything - Amazing!! Of
course I'm sure Bernd, Gene, and Mike can share my breakage and driving
ability stories with list members. Don't be too harsh guys!! Oh ya -
you've got the racing bug now - haha, there goes all your money!!!! ;-)

Gene - You guys threw a great event this year! Looking forward to the next
one! Your truck is fast, as always, and thanks for letting us use the
R/T's bed for a trunk... And I will actually have my own vehicle next
year. Yay! Maybe I WON'T break anything(doubt it!). Oh ya, beer may be
beer, but I'm not so sure I woulda drank that funky Mexican beer you had on
Sunday... =)

Bernd - Dammit man!! Your truck is sweet. Of course you can't possibly be
done modding it yet. I saw you drool over the 8-71 blown Dart, and I
expect to see at least a 4-71 roots(remember those????) on your truck next
year. =) Had fun talking to ya. I think I pronounced your name
wrong..oops!! The announcer commented on it, btw...."Can't anything about
your name be easy?" heh.. Oh ya, can I drive your truck? I promise not
to break YOUR 8.25 rear.....really! hehe...

Richard - Actually just asked you about shift kits - some conversation, eh?
 Nice meeting you, though. Sweet truck!! How the hell do you keep that
thing so clean? Sheesh!

Mike - You are one of the causes of my money problems! I swear, now I
want an MPI setup. Sigh, I will always be poor! @#$%&*#!!! Good job on
the videos. Had fun talking to you too. Thanks for the tips on the MPI
piece, too.

The Merx's - Sweet R/T. Liked the yellow one you guys had last year.
12.5s? Pretty smooth!

I think I talked to Will for a sec, too. Your truck is smooth!! Pretty
much what I would order if I was getting a new one.

To everyone else. You guys are all cool! All the others that I can
remeber are all the R/Ts(tons!!), Brett's truck and the dude with the
carbed 318 that looked bad ass. Look forward to racing my truck next time.

Sadly, this is the edited down version, I had a lot more to say, but it
was already pretty long!! If I missed anyone, sorry!! Had fun, be there
next year with my Dak - in the 14s hopefully.