Re: Throttle Bodies

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 22:05:42 EDT

If you are so flippin rich you'd spend a $1000 on a couple of CFM for your
throttle body that may or may not translate to HP, then why would you play
with DAK's?

May I suggest a Porsche GT3 Cup car? They are a lot of fun. And you can
get on Speedvision!

If you aren't rich, but you've saved your pennies and have a couple of
grand to spend on mods, then your dollars are better spent on other things.
A basic TB upgrade like the Quick D units give the most bang for the buck.
Continue along with all the best bang for the buck mods until you start
going for the wildly expensive custom pieces.

These are street trucks. There are no rules. There is also no hard
grinding for .01 second at the drag strip. I have an NHRA class car. I
know what that world is all about and how expensive it can be. The beauty
of having hot street car (or truck), is that you can back off the
performance leading edge just a little bit and watch the cost drop by 80%
or more.