RE: 4.7L Throttle Body-Re: Steven Ekstrand

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 11:00:34 EDT

Yep, thats the thing to keep in mind here, My primary goal is 1/4 mile
racing, and everyone may have different goals, towing, or maybe just a
little perf. increase, or maybe a fuel mileage increase. My custom PCM will
be very close to the Mopar PCM, only difference is I'm going a little more
on the timing advance, other than that its a Mopar PCM for all practical
purposes.

The TB is about 63 mm, about the most you could "hope" to bore it would be
around 66 mm, there just isn't any room to play. If a new casting was
produced in the aftermarket, around 75mm, it may be worth looking into, or
retro fitting a TB from another vehicle.

Matt