Re: 4.7L Throttle Body-Re: Steven Ekstrand

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 11:49:59 EDT

I saw the John Watkins prototype billet TB. I don't think he's been able
to get it completely sorted out yet. Personally, I would think it makes
more sense to look for existing alternatives than to create a new piece
from scratch. But a TB is a very simple unit. Much less involved than a
traditional carburetor.

This is pure benchracing fantasy here, but I can imagine a really trick
looking crossram intake manifold with a stock TB feeding each opposing bank
of cylinders. The computer could read off one of the TB's and the other
could just be a "slave" mimicing the "master" TB. Voila! More CFM than
you need for that 700HP blown and stroked SEMI HEMI!!! Now to find
somebody molding that funky nylon resin thermoplastic stuff to make an
intake manifold. Someplace cheaper than the $8000 a shot carbonfiber boys.

-STE