RE: 4.7L Throttle Body-Re: Steven Ekstrand

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 12:59:07 EDT

The older 5.0's only had up to a 65mm TB and you had to mill the EGR plate to
fit. That's the era when I was working on them (for a profession...not for
fun). I'm sure things have changed immensly since then. ;)

We did work closely with J.R. (Granatelli) back then to have custom EGR plates
built as well as modified MASS Air Sensors. I also believe that his son is now
running the "business" and he's "retired".

This was in the days where you had to to custom fab a lot of your own
parts...before Ford had all those cool "goodies" for them.

- Bernd