Re: timing cover removal

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 12:57:56 EDT

> How does one seperate the timing chain cover from the oil pan gasket?
I've
> gotten all the bolts out, but she's stuck to the gasket. and I do NOT
want
> to mess that up and have to drop the axle to fix a gasket.
>
> oh... almost a full inch of slack in the stock timing chain... w/ 94k
> miles. High mileage trucks be weary

A full inch of slack........hmmm. I have been hearing quite a bit a 'slap'
lately upon hard mild acceleration on my Dak. Current mileage:
129,700.........maybe time for a new chain eh?
I have heard that is one thing you dont want to do, is to bust the oil pan
gasket, but I have no lcue to how seperate the two. Good Luck Jon
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6