Throttle Bodies

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 15:05:28 EDT

Whew! I thought I started a war out here. Thank you for simmering down
guys. All I said was I was studying TB's. I just wanted to find out why
there was ones that cost $1,000+ vs. others that cost $250. It was a study.
I wouldn't spend $1,000 either unless it was justified. I'm not out to
build any kind of a racer, NHRA or otherwise. I like my vehicles to perform
and for the most part my vehicles are everyday drivers. I'm not willing to
sacrifice that for a bunch of expensive internal modifications that may or
may not hold up. I went through the race thing thirty some-odd years ago
and I'm satisfied with that. I've raised two kids. I now have a
grandchild. I can finally build me a toy (that's still an everyday driver)
and have a little bit of fun because I no longer have save every little
penny to put the kids through school, etc. I, too, am learning about all
the changes that have happened through the years while I've not had the
money to do these things, so this is a catch-up course for me as well. Like
I've always said, I sincerely thank the DML with all they've had to offer
(short of the flames of course). I couldn't have done all this without you.
So, not to sound naive, but I'm still studying TB's. When I've learned all
I want to know I will purchase one. The dollars I will spend is dependent
upon the gains, HP or otherwise, all those things that Steve, Jim, Bernd,
Matt, etal, have said. Thanks guys (I didn't forget you girls either, just
none of you were in the middle of this one).

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile