Re: Re: DML Secure fix....

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 17:48:37 EDT

Hi, Jimmy

At 05:08 AM 10/1/00 GMT, you wrote:
> <snip> What is the purpose of the belly pan and gasket
>in the first place? To trap fluids if they are leaking? Why
>are they so well known to be a problem, just cheap gaskets or
>cheap hardware from the factory? <snip>

I think that it's probably a design that Dodge came up with
to make the magnums low-end torquers and still meet tightening
emission standards. Turns out to a design flaw as the gasket
will not hold up in real world conditions ... TSB fix recommends
RTV sealant, not a replacement gasket.

>Can I order the M1 or MPI straight through dodge/mopar or
>is it from a third party manufacturer?

Best price would probably from Koller's in IL, West Oaks in CA
and/or Ernhardt (sp?) in Texas.

Bob