truck class division ATTN: Walt

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 18:11:59 EDT

    Thanks for the offer. It's still to early to really plan anything yet. I
was
just trying to get a feel for how many people were interested. I know that
there will be at least a separate class for Dakota's, but that's it for now.
If thinkgs look promising and calsses will split more, I'll be sure to look
you up ;-)
    I like the idea of ordering the extra trophies and the dispersal method.
It would certainly keep costs down. I wonder though; in the truck class
where would the cutoff point be if there were say 22 trucks? Would you
take the average of the oldest vs. youngest or would you count how many
were, let's say, under '76 and divide the classes that way. Basically what
I'm trying to get at is how many times do you think our Dakota's (no matter
what year) would be competing against the Lil Red Express era.
    I also strongly believe that through good promotion (as you have been
doing) that there will continually be enough post '80 Dodge trucks to
constitute their own class. You have seen the increase in truck numbers
more than I have. With continual promotion through lists and home pages,
I truly think that the truck class will slowly but surely grow in numbers
until they become the largest class. Daydreaming? I might be, but I'd like
to think not ;-)
    On another matter ... At Lebanon, they had a class for C body. I've
never
heard of a C body before and they didn't mention the year when they handed
the trophies out (at least that I heard). Could you share some light ?
    Lastly, congrats on the 13.5!! I bet you were stoked on that run ;-)
I'll
be sure to update the Barracuda page.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Intense Blue Dakota Sport