Re: V6/V8 Torsion Bars

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 12:27:15 EDT

In a message dated 10/3/2000 12:09:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

> I would only assume that the V8 2000 bars would be the best to get. Right?

Yes, that'd be the set I would recommend.

> I am going to need to start search around, cause my current bars are maxed
> out and cannot be cranked up any more. I have them only adjusted up 1" also,
> but over the months/years they sag, thus needing to be cranked up more and
> more and more.........hopefully I will be able to get some V8 2000bars on
> there and still have plenty of room for adjustment. Are the bars just
> 'pushed' into the control arm and the rear anchor location? If not, how are
> the bars set into their respective mounts? Basically, I want to find out if
> this is something I would be able to do!.? Thanks again, I am going to check
> to see if I can find any numbers on my stock bars, but I would bet they are
> the wimpy 1450 bars

The bars will usually have a retaining clip holding them in on the backside..
  jack it up.. back the adjusters all the way off.. to take the preload
off the bar.. and slide them out. Changing MOST T-bars is a piece of cake.
Only Mopar that was a pain on was the M-body (LeBaron/ Diplomat) they used
the t-bar for spring & sway bar mounted across the front end. (good in
concept.. but perhaps not the best once it hit reality. worked but what a
pain in the A$$)

Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo