Other V6's next to the 3.9 WAS: How Rude!!

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 17:40:32 EDT

In a message dated 10/3/00 5:31:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

> > I think they are just comparing the dodge v6 with the other v6's
available.
> > Like the 215HP 3.5 isuzu, 240 HP nissan, etc.
> > Or, dodge want's them to report that so dodge can sell more v8's. (J/K)

CRAP. Crap crap crap crap crap!! Looks good on paper is all. HP is good an
all when you're talking about dinky tin-can cars..but when it comes to trucks
the only thing that matters is displacement. Displacement equals torque and I
don't care how fast you spin that stupid motor you're not going to pull a
boat anywhere with too little of it. I don't know the torque figures on those
two motors but I'm pretty sure they're not much closer than 50 ft/lbs. These
new SUV's are geared towards the mainstream...people that never tow anything
and never go offroad. Sure they show them running through the mud and sitting
at the crest of a cliff in the desert, but I dare one manufacturer to give
Bernd their truck for a WEEK and see how much of it comes back to the parking
lot. They're built for show only. In my eye no high-revving small
displacement twin-cammer will ever compare to the pushrod V8. Period.