Hemi PT-Cruiser

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 18:04:42 EDT

HEMI CRUISER

It looks like its going to be an extremely difficult to pick the winners, I
hear there's going to be some seriously radical stuff on hand. How radical?
Two words HEMI Cruiser! The folks at Mr. Gadget Inc. tell me that they're in
the process of putting the finishing touches on a 426 HEMI powered PT
Cruiser that will be unveiled at SEMA.

Anyone whose looked under the hood of a PT Cruiser wouldn't believe that
there's room for anything bigger than the tightly packaged 2.4 liter four
banger that comes as standard equipment. Regardless, the folks at Mr. Gadget
assure me that its possible to shoehorn in 426 HEMI V8.

More accurately, they're using Mopar Performance's 472 cubic inch HEMI Crate
Motor (MP part# P5249666). The 9:1 compression engine has cast iron heads
and puts out 525 horsepower and 540 lb ft of torque! The rest of the
powertrain (and the suspension) comes from the Viper. Look for all the
details and some preview images in an upcoming Buzz.

Website reference: http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b100300.htm

OK! I will stop drooling when I leave for home tonight.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, USMC