Re: o2 sensor / computer question (96+ only)

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 23:45:57 EDT

>>Only one problem.. that second o2 sensor.. I was talking to Jon
Smith, and
he sais that just wiring the o2 sensor out of the way, and plugging the
hole
in the exhaust will keep the computer happy... Has anyone tryed this? I
just need a cheap way to run w/o an engine light, and w/o my little
kittie.... =)<<

I've talked to Chuck about this before,
the 2 sensors have to read certain stuff. I one sensor reads one thing,
and the other sensor doesn't read what it's supposed to, then you get a
light and a limp mode. If you cut off the cat, then the second sensor
won't read like it's supposed to so you get a light. They did this so you
can't cut off the cat. If you pull the sensor out and plug the hole, then
the sensor would read outside air, which wouldn't be anywhere near what
it should read so you'll get a light. You have to go with a cat, just get
a hig flow one

-miggity

miggitymike@juno.com
PROJECT 13's ---> slammed 88 Dakota w/360 swap in progress!

http://surf.to/Project13s

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.