Re: Anyone doing a 360 swap, please read! Important info.

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 18:20:24 EDT

>>If you really want to do one of these 380 Crate engines, you need an
aftermarket computer system or the good old american carb. There may be
some
hope for the 300 HP Crate engine with a MPI swap. BUT! If you check into
doing a 360 yourself, you can build a better engine for about a $1000
less!
A good rebuild, a computer grind cam, and well ported heads will make as
much if not more HP (360-400hp) with a milder cam that maintains enough
vaccuum for the computer.<<

PREACH ON BROTHA' KUZIA!!!

That's exactly what I'm doin'. I got a pretty nasty Comp Cams grind,
bumped up the compression, ported the heads, and I'm gonna' use a MP PCM
and 24# injectors. Plus a ported TB and the typical exhaust and intake
mods. And the coolest thing is, I can always add the M1 and custom burned
PCM etc. for more power later on. And the kicker is, I've spend less than
3000 so far and that includes all the parts!

-miggity

miggitymike@juno.com
PROJECT 13's ---> slammed 88 Dakota w/360 swap in progress!

http://surf.to/Project13s

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.