Re: Rear End

From: Mike Klinke (LSOMike@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 08:43:40 EDT

On your pinion shaft there is a bearing and a collapsible spacer. As you
tighten the pinion nut the spacer will collapse against the bearing to seat
it. The idea is to get the pinion nut set to the proper pre-load torque
(maximum of 350 lb-ft) and a very light rotating torque (about 15 lb-in,
that's inches!). If you go too far with either torque setting you get to
remove everything and install a new collapsible spacer and try again.

Regards, Mike Klinke