Re: 5 Speed Swap need Advice

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 16:36:10 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/00 12:33:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
FastDodgeD@aol.com writes:

> I need help on putting in a 5-speed as a replacement for the 42re.
> I can no longer take that 42re anymore. I have killed 5 in the last year.
>
> was wondering if anybody knows what is requried and if it had been done
> before.
> Nick
> fastdodged@aol.com
> Twin Turbo V-6 (For sale)

You'll probably need a new engine wiring harness. Then you'll need the
tranny, clutch and related parts, flywheel, and you'll need a new driveshaft
(pretty sure about that one). Then of course there's the hole you gotta cut
in the floor.

PS....isn't there an adapter to hook up GM trannies to Mopar Blocks? That way
you can get a good 6 speed, or just switch to a TH400. Those are alot more
plentiful and cheaper to replace.

-Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 3.9L - 360 Work in progress
<A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">The Vipertruck</A>