Re: Re: lift kit woes...*&^%

From: Black Diamond Dakota (dml@promogiant.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 18:59:39 EDT

You think your days been bad. I requested a parts search from an
online 4x4 store, they got back to me saying the had a 4" Skyjacker
lift. I called Skyjacker and they said they didnt(might have one the
end of this year/begining of next year). Then I called Tuff Country
(knowing that they just came out with lifts for 2000 Durango), but no
lift (and the bad news about the brakes) They said it depends if DC
beefs up the brakes for 2001, if they dont, they wont release the
lift.
So I email back the guy that said he had a skyjacker lift, and he
says OOPS, sorry I meant Rancho 3" lift and that Fab Tech has one
too, so I call Rancho and they give me the "no, since it as rack and
pinion, we havent finished the designing yet". And I doubt Fab Tech
has one cause they mostly do 2wd lifts... well see!?!?

So i guess ill be cranking my torsions up and sawing up my front
bumper (like they did on the dakarta) and hopeing theres not much
rubbing!

> Ben
>Black Diamond Dakota
>00 QC, homebrew K&N intake, gps, draw tite front hitch, cracked
plastic skid plate ala Cleghorn