Re: IAT sensor

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 19:45:09 EDT

jay, the IAT stands for Intake Air Temperature. It is a thermosister which
tells teh computer how warm (or cold) the incoming air is. By relocating
the sensor a short way away from the manifold, you basically fool the
computer into thinking it's a few degrees cooler outside than it actually
is. This makes the computer slightly richen the mixture, thereby making a
tad bit more power.

The sensor is located on the passenger side of the intake manifold, just
ahead of the fuel rail.
   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net