RE: Cowl Induction Vs Ram Air Which Better/How?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 23:26:03 EDT

Don't disagree with that at all.

As for the "Ram Air" effect, the Top Fuel Dragsters actually experience a
small "boost" in pressure due to the design of their air scoops creating
just a few more ponies. (I'll dig up the article but I believe it was
around .8psi boost...that's at 300+mph.) Marketing...those strange people
who come up with crazy terms that stick with us for the rest of our lives.
;)

- Bernd