Any of you can have my bud lite.....

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 04:29:22 EDT

Well, actually I dont like beer, but if I did I would always share with you
all........
but if you ask for one of my fries............IT WOULD BE ON!!!!!WWF style.

I am not trying to duck the issue of Dyno #s, At this time......there is one
4.7 out there running the intake and the TB. But as luck would have
it........he works more than I do.
I am hoping that when he gets a chance he can put a free flow muffler on it,
and send me back some #s.

But Semihemi is going to be the first one out there getting the 4.7tb. Okay
maybe its actually going to be QD serial #003. I have a 4.7 too........so
one of them has to go on my baby D.
Our 4.7 already has the intake and Borla exhaust.......so the TB will
complete the package. Next will be the suspension and wheels. But the
Monster D has kinda tapped the bank for a while.

but back to the TBs,
WE dont know what its going to put out. The other TBs put out 20hp at the
rear. I dont think the #s are going to be that high..........but with that
damn new motor its kinda hard to tell. You can feel the difference........we
installed just the TB on a stock truck......and could barely tell the
difference. Then we installed just the intake, and could notice the
increase in mid to upper range power........which is where that motor really
shines. Its not going to be a launch vehicle......unless you have a stick
shift.
Then we installed the intake and TB.........felt better off the line, and
still pulled all the way to the top.
Then we took the TB off..........noticed the launch wasnt as
good..........then put it back and it pulled better off the line again.
It seems that what ever increase its giving...........the torque off the line
is the most noticeable aspect of it.

There you have it..........Those are all the facts I know.

>From past experience..........and just common sense.....
WE can all agree that the stock shaft design is crap. Just by replacing the
stock shaft with the new shaft design is going to greatly increase the
efficiency of the flow.
The bore size hasnt been opened up like on the others........is merely
cleaned up to remove the middle bore hump, then its radiused.
That motor doesnt have the pulling power to be able to maintain the low end
velocity. But up on top......that motor kicks butt.
but on one mod is going to make a truck a race truck........its the whole
package. Even on the 5.9s. You can put a TB on a stock truck, and you will
only get 12hp. But put that same TB on a truck that already has the intake
and exhaust.......and its going to gain 20hp.

The mod I would like someone to try and test.....I would if I could afford
it.........
The new big fan set up from I think flexalite for the cheby full size is
supposed to flow enough air so they dont overheat..........I think its a 32"
wide set up. I havent had time to do any work on my truck, or even lift the
hood in a while.........so I am not even sure if it will fit.
But if it did fit, and it didnt overheat......that should be good for about
11hp. I had the electric fan on my D back in the day.....but I kept
overheating when I got stuck in traffic. I thought about getting a dedicated
tranny cooler with its own fan, and a dedicated oil cooler,
anything to help keep me from overheating while standing still. I had even
thought of trying to make a misting system to wet the radiator when
stopped.....to help cool it down.

okay, I have to be up for work in 2 hours.......
take care and stay safe.........
Tony
hope to see a few of you at the offroadexpo this weekend. I am going to go
and try to hit some vendors up for some gears.....think its time the Monster
gets some 4.56.